Legal Structures and Relationships
Techvana has adopted a unique structure that combines a Charitable Trust and Equity Crowd Funded operations company and was designed with the following goals…
- Enable people with an interest in IT heritage to invest and own part of the Museum.
- Provide separation between the collections / assets and the Museum operations.
- Raise working capital for the Operations Company via the sale of shares to investors.
- Enable collectors who loan their pieces / collections to the Museum to receive a commercial return.
- Enable supporters to either donate to the Charitable Trust or purchase a sponsorship package from the Operations Company depending on their individual goals, requirements or what the specifically want to support.
- As Techvana expands to other countries, a new charitable trust will be setup for each country to hold their heritage assets.
Techvana Charitable Trust
- Acquires and owns the collections including those donated and undertakes restorations.
- Curates and stores the collections.
- Captures and publishes NZ tech stories. Possibly create a Documentary from the interviews and media.
- Designs and manages the education programmes.
- Designs and owns the exhibitions.
- Runs the Museum membership.
Techvana Operations Limited
- Has an exclusive license to market the Charitable Trusts Assets and provides a revenue stream to the Charitable Trust.
- Operates the Museum and its facilities.
- Loans pieces and collections from other collectors for exhibits.
- Markets and manages the sponsorship packages and sponsors.
- Markets and manages the events and functions.
- Markets the exhibition space to new NZ tech companies for exhibiting their new developments.
- Markets and tours the exhibitions nationally and globally.